Translate

Friday, January 24, 2014

Art x 3 Response


This assignment was really interesting because when it was explained to me I was really excited, then when we started to get into it I realized we weren't working together with two other people in our class and I was confused so it was explained in a different way. One person was to start on the assignment and a person from a different class would get it and work on it a little more and then it would reach its final person in another class. The last person had to finish it as their own work. I personally had a tough time giving away my first collage because I was super excited about my first idea and wasn't taking into account of the fact that I wasn't going to be the one finishing the piece. The second time I got a piece I had to ultimately give up I was more accepting and less attached to the piece. The final collage was difficult at first to start because I wasn't sure what to with a profile and a few different words but as I got more into it made more sense to what I was trying to portray. This assignment reminded me of "when life hands you lemons make lemonade" we were given a piece of art (lemons) and we had to figure out a way to deal with how to make it our own (lemonade). I think it taught me to work through not being able to figure something out at first glance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment